Copyright 2007-2017

1114 L St Remodel : 1965

"Opened as opened as the Marigold Café 1932, this building was the home of Buddy Baer's jazz club until 1947, when the façade was remodeled and it became the Majestic theatre. It was remodeled again in 1965 by Mid-Century Modern architect Carter Sparks as a realty office, who added a penthouse at building rear." - William Burg, Feb 2016 Jazz Tour brochure.

photo by Gretchen Steinberg